Certificate of Authenticity and Originality
bCA Galleries assures its clients of the originality of the art they purchase by issuing a Certificate of Authenticity and Originality for all works sold by it.
Content: The Certificate of Authenticity shows an image of the artwork and lists the details of the work including Artist, Title of the artwork, Size, Medium and the year in which the artwork was created by the artist. The certificate is signed by the artist and endorsed by bCA Galleries, stamped and signed by an authorised signatory of the gallery.
Originality Guarantee: bCA Galleries will endorse the certificate of authenticity of sales made by the gallery itself and of the works of the artists directly associated with us. This way, it guarantees that the work of all young, emerging artists purchased from it is original.
Secondary Sales: bCA Galleries also lists the works of Indian Masters for sale which have been proposed to us by other galleries and art collectors. These galleries and collectors are responsible for providing the provenance and authenticity certificate of the artworks for sale. bCA Galleries serves merely as the facilitator in the case of such sales and will not endorse and takes no responsibility for the authenticity of such works.
Given the current art scenario where fake art of even contemporary artists appears on the market for sale, (please see the article on Fake Art! ) it is in the client’s best interest to purchase from a gallery that certifies the works it sells.
- The Certificate of Authenticity is signed by the artist and endorsed by bCA Galleries.
- The Certificate of Authenticity lists complete details of the artwork purchased.
- bCA Galleries will also issue a Certificate of Authenticity for commissioned artworks and portraits.
- bCA Galleries will provide a Certificate of Authenticity in the case of prints only when the prints have been signed by the artist.
- In the case of secondary sales, the Certificate of Authenticity will be issued by the seller and not by bCA Galleries.