Born in 1948 in Sesto Calende near Varese. He currently lives near Milan.
Corni has completed his studies at the Art school of Milan and later on at the Brea Academy of Fine Arts Did in Milan. Also he has done specialized courses at the Academy of History of the Cinema and the Photography, Archeology and Sociology.
In 1973 with other colleagues, he had found the Art Group ‘’Reality and Confrontation”, with the objective to operate in the various fields of Visual Communication. And in 1983 they found the Art Group “Sweet Art" with the scope to bring the Art outside the official and usual spaces, normally devoted to it.
He is not only busy with Painting, Sculpture, and Installation, but he also promotes artistic events through the management of public spaces.
Comment on his works
“If things resemble ideas, I am the world. Not because I represent it through my work, but because I construct it. My memory is the world.”
The essential element of the production of any type of graphic, are: the hand, the instrument and the support. Every graphical design has origin from the movement of the hand, which by holding an instrument, marks a support. From that it can be evinced that the hand, the instrument and the support carry out—independently—a linguistic function, an aesthetic function and - or an expressive function. Setting these assumptions is fundamental as it brings to light the motivations of the gesture on the biological front—anthropological, of the mark on the support, and on the technological front—of the symbolic cultural mark.
To produce signs through the use of a simple and ancient instrument such as chalk, on a simple and poor, but equally rich surface, with links to the rich artistic production of the past, such as the raw canvas, it emphasises continuity, while at the same time it neglects it.
The structures created by the crossing of the lines, focus to the canter of the canvas, like unique and completed presences, untied from any representational context, in order to capture as three-dimensional objects the real space.
The symbolism of the signs on the canvas, takes advantage of vertical and the horizontal lines, softened by curves—which bring closer to each other the world of ideas and the world of things. A controlled and repetitive gesture of the hand, unveil the form almost in contemplative way.
Exhibitions and awards
- 1967 - Giovane pittura Italiana Firenze
- 1973 - Premio di pittura Città di Ovada
- 1975 - Novara – Premio Città di Novara - I° Premio
- 1979 - Mostra personale di disegni Città di Angera
- 1982 - Mostra personale Galleria Punto 6 – Sesto Calende
- 1983 - Personale alla Galleria 9 Colonne di Bologna
- 1987 - Opere scultoree nel Palazzo Perabò - Cerro di Laveno ( Varese )
- 1992 - Fuor d’Acqua - Sedici Barche d’Artista – Civico Museo – Sesto Calende ( Varese )
- 1993 - Il Nodo Che Separa – Mostra al Laboratorio di Arti Visive – Foggia
- 1994 - Offene Ateliers - Bielefeld – Germania
- 1995 – Solstizio d’Estate – installzaioni Villa Annoni – Cuggiono – Milano
- 1996 – Premio San Tito dedicato alla Scultura – Casorate Sempione – Varese
- 1997 - Senza Frontiere – Ginza Art Gallery – Tokyo – Japan
- 1997 - Premio Cesare Pavese – Varese
- 1997 – Personale – Galleria Florence Lynch – New York – U.S.A.
- 1998 – La Scultura Possibile – Premio Internazionale di Pittura, Scultura e Arte Elettronica Guglielmo Marconi – Bologna
- 1998 - Senza Frontiere – Ginza Art Gallery – Tokyo – Japan
- 2000 – Quarter Quartet – Galleria Florence Lynch – New York – U.S.A.
- 2001 - Passaggi – immagini Arte e Musica – Corsico – Milano
- 2001 - Senza Frontiere – Ginza Art Gallery – Tokyo – Japan
- 2003 - Immagini Per Brecht – Arte a Milano ( Circolo Culturale Bertold Brecht )
- 2004 - Premio di Pittura Città di Busto Arsizio – Varese
- 2005 – Personale - Spazio Cesare Da Sesto – Sesto Calende – Varese
- 2005 – GIFT – bCA Galleries – Mumbai – India
- 2005 – Group Show – Aleph – Milano – Italy